If you don’t have a Snapcode handy, you can add friends the old-fashioned way — by username!
Tap Add Friends to see a list of other ways to add friends.
Enter the Snapchat username if you have it.
- Tap on a Contact to add existing contacts who already use Snapchat
- (if you granted Snapchat access to your contacts).
- Tap Add by Snapcode if your friend sent you a screenshot of their
- Snapcode. (Snapchat will show you your camera roll with images it thinks might be a Snapcode at the top. Just tap the Snapcode screenshot to add your friend.)
- Tap Add Nearby if you and your friend(s) have “Add Nearby” open. You’ll be able to see their username and add them to your friends list. This is a particularly handy feature if you’ve got a big group of friends you’d like to add.